There is growing awareness on the part of researchers, nutritionists, and medical professionals on how important essential fatty acids are for health. The benefits of omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish and fish oil supplements, are especially helpful for many purposes. In this article, we’ll explore why these nutrients are so important as well as looking at how to find the top omega 3 products.
Omega 3 Benefits For Health
Here are some of the leading omega 3 supplement benefits as revealed by the latest research.
- Supports cardiovascular health. A fish oil omega 3 supplement can help maintain healthy blood pressure, supports HDL or “good” cholesterol and helps the arteries remain free of plaque.
- Omega 3s are anti-inflammatory. Inflammation contributes to many illnesses, including arthritis, heart disease and many autoimmune disorders. Omega 3 supplements can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Improves bone health. As people age, their bones naturally lose density. Omega 3s help to increase the amount of calcium in the bones, which can help prevent bone loss and manage the symptoms of bone diseases such as arthritis.
- Helps with mood disorders. While there are many causes of mood disorders, many researchers believe that nutrition and biochemistry play a role. Some studies show that omega-3s can help symptoms of depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
- Manage age-related decline and Alzheimer’s Disease. Omega 3s can help delay and manage Alzheimer’s symptoms such as mental decline and memory loss.
- Improves skin health. One of the main fatty acids in fish oil is DHA, which occurs naturally in our skin. The top omega 3 products hydrate the skin, reduces acne and prevents symptoms of premature aging.
There is still a great deal of research being conducted on omega 3 fatty acids. People whose diets may be lacking in essential fatty acids can benefit by taking omega 3s in supplement form.
Finding the Top Omega 3 Products
There are many types of omega 3 supplements, such as krill oil, cod liver oil and salmon oil. There are also plant-based supplements made with ingredients such as flax seeds. With so many omega 3 benefits for health, many people are searching for supplements that they can trust. The following are some qualities to look for when shopping for a fish oil supplement.
- Free from toxins. With water pollution a major concern, it’s important to find a source of fish oil that’s pure and unpolluted. Molecular distillation is one of the most effective methods for ensuring purity.
- Freshness and purity. Fish oil that’s not fresh is not only ineffective, but it can also be toxic. You want to be sure that the manufacturer has a process that ensures freshness and marks each product with an expiration date.
- Naturally sourced. Many fish oils today come from farmed fish, which often contain impurities such as antibiotics and hormones. Make sure the company you buy from gets its fish from natural waters.
- High levels of DHA and EPA. The top omega 3 products have significant levels of both DHA and EPA essential fatty acids.
With so many fish oil and omega 3 products available today, it’s essential to do your research and make sure you’re getting products from a reputable source.
Find High Quality Omega 3 Products From IcelanDirect
If you’re looking for the best source of omega 3 supplement that meets the guidelines listed above, you should look into IcelanDirect. They are a manufacturer of many high-quality health supplements, including omega 3 fish oil products. Their products include:
- Pure Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
- Shark Liver Oil
- Krill Oil
- Human-Grade Omega-3 For Pets
- Algal DHA Oil
Icelandirect is a member of GOED, the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega 3s, a nonprofit organization that encourages more consumption of essential fatty acids and maintains high-quality standards for all its members. They are also committed to sustainable harvesting practices. Their products all conform to the standards of the Council for Responsible Nutrition and the World Health Organization.