As more people seek to increase their intake of healthy fatty acids such as omega-3s, flaxseed oil is getting more attention. Flaxseed is a vegetarian source of essential fatty acids. In this article, we’ll look at some leading benefits of this oil as well as tips on finding the best flaxseed oil manufacturer.
What is Flaxseed Oil?
Flax seeds, also known as linseeds, come from a flowering plant that grows in temperate climates. The following are some reasons flaxseed oil is so highly valued. Flax seeds can be consumed as seeds and sprinkled onto foods or used in smoothies or blender shakes. Many people, however, find that the most convenient way to consume them is to get a flaxseed oil supplement.
Linseed Oil Health Benefits
People take flaxseed/linseed oil for a number of reasons. The following are some key benefits.
- Supports heart health. Flaxseed oil heart health is a primary reason so many people take this supplement. Flax seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid or ALA, which supports cardiovascular health. Studies indicate that taking flaxseed oil can reduce blood pressure.
- Improves skin and hair health. Taking flaxseed oil helps to moisturize the skin and ease irritations and symptoms of dermatitis. Flaxseed oil applied to the hair keeps the hair hydrated and strong. Flaxseed uses for skin and hair include both internal consumption and applying the oil externally.
- Reduces inflammation. The omega 3 fatty acid in flaxseed oil can reduce inflammation that causes pain and contributes to many illnesses.
- Vegetarian source of omega-3s. Fish oil is the best-known source of omega-3s. However, many vegetarians and vegans don’t consume animal products, including fish. Flax seeds are a natural, healthy and animal-free source of these healthy fats.
- May reduce cancer risk. Flax seeds are a source of plant compounds called lignans, which reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Flaxseed Oil vs Other Sources of Omega-3s
There are many ways to increase your intake of omega-3s. When comparing flaxseed oil to fish oil and other popular sources of omega-3s, there are several factors to consider. Although both fish oil and flaxseed oil are good sources of healthy fats, their nutritional composition is different. There are both fish oil and flaxseed oil heart health benefits as well as other benefits. At the same time, fish oil and flaxseed/linseed oil don’t have identical nutritional profiles.
Fish oil is rich in EPA and DHA, while flax seeds are higher in ALA. All of these omega-3s are valuable. Vegetarians who don’t consume fish can get EPA and DHA from algae and other marine plant supplements. If you are selling omega-3 supplements, don’t assume people have to choose between fish oil and flaxseed oil. Some customers who are omnivores may want to take both in order to get the maximum amount of omega-3.
Finding the Best Flaxseed Oil Manufacturer
Anyone who sells supplements should consider carrying flaxseed oil products, which appeal to vegans, vegetarians as well as non-vegetarians who are seeking linseed oil health benefits. When choosing supplements, it’s important to choose a supplier that is reputable and uses high quality ingredients.
IcelanDirect is a supplier of many nutritional supplements, including fish oil, krill oil, vitamins, minerals and flaxseed oil. We offer complete private labeling services, providing you with supplements or creating new products according to your specifications. We use the highest quality ingredients and source everything using sustainable methods. All of our products conform to GMP production standards. We also comply with standards of the World Health Organization and Council For Responsible Nutrition.
We can deliver your product in whatever form is most convenient for you and your customers, including soft gels, capsules, liquid and emulsions. Whether you are seeking the best flaxseed oil manufacturer or a supplier for other nutrients, contact IcelanDirect to learn more about our services.