At Icelandirect, two of our most popular products is our Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil and Pure Icelandic Fish Oil. If you’re simply looking for a quality fish oil product to market to your customers, you might be confused about what the actual differences are between the two products. Here is a helpful breakdown of what makes these fish oils distinct.
Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil vs Fish Oil
Let’s start with the Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
– Many consumers understand that salmon is a higher quality fish. This is especially the case when it is wild caught as opposed to factory farmed.
– Wild Alaska fish oil is known to have less saturated fat than other fish oils. If this is important to the consumer, he will spend more for salmon oil.
– Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil has a reputation for being higher in nutritional content than many other types of fish.
– Certain fish oils like cod oils and Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil are known to have higher EPA and DHA levels.
– You can also find astaxanthin which is a powerful antioxidant that’s known to have many health benefits.
Let’s now take a look at our Pure Icelandic Fish Oil
– Our Pure Icelandic Fish Oil is a product made from the oils of many different types of fish in the North Atlantic waters.
– Our Icelandic Fish Oil is a more affordable product which is perfect for consumers that are looking for a quality fish oil product that’s priced reasonably well.
– The Icelandic Fish Oil may be seen as more sustainable by consumers that care about the environmental impact of overfishing of larger species.
So Which One Should You Pick?
It really depends on your business. Omega-3 Wild Alaskan Salmon oil may become your ideal product if you are only going after consumers that are looking to buy premium supplements. Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil is also great if you are creating a marketing campaign around astaxanthin which is found in salmon. Many studies have proven that Salmon oil helps lower triglyceride levels are among risk factors for heart diseases.
On the other hand, the Icelandic Fish Oil may be the right product for you if you’re marketing to a general audience. Such audience that prefer omega-3 fish oil products for themselves and omega-3 fish oil products for pets. The Icelandic Fish Oil will give you an advantage over competitors since it’s not a factory farmed product and has been extensively tested for mercury and PCBs. It’s basically a high quality product that can be sold at a reasonable price.
Some brands may opt to go with both the Icelandic Fish Oil and Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil since their audience encompasses both the average consumer as well as informed consumers looking to purchase premium supplements. Whichever you choose, you can rest assured knowing that your customers will be satisfied with a quality product. You’ll have a consistent product you can sell to your customers over and over without any problems.